Release Location for Tagged Dolphin
- The Florida Keys will have a minimum of 20 dolphin/Mahi Mahi tagged and released during May in order for those fish to migrate uthe east and west coast of Florida.
Release Locations for Tagged Redfish
- All coastal counties of Florida have on average 4 tagged redfish that have been released in areas where anglers are known to catch redfish.
- Where can you have the best opportunity to catch one of these prize winning tagged redfish? Brevard, Citrus and Charlotte Counties.
- Florida’s Visit Space Coast is once again an East Coast Destination Partner for CCA Florida’s 2018 STAR competition! There are a total of 9 tagged redfish released in Brevard County. As the home to the largest percentage of the Indian River Lagoon, the Space Coast offers more opportunities than most other coastal counties to land that winning tagged Redfish! Brevard County (the Space Coast) encompasses 72 miles of the IRL: the southern portion of Mosquito, the northern portion of the Indian and all of the Banana. With 29 sets of public boat ramps (nearly all are Free!) lining all three bodies of water, anglers have many choices on where to put in. The No-Motor-Zone of the Banana River can only be fished from kayaks, canoes or boats without a propeller. Mosquito Lagoon has two “pole and troll zones” where internal combustion engines must be off and boats drafting more than 12 inches at rest may not enter; electric trolling motors are allowed. You have to put in a little work paddling or poling to reach them, so there is less pressure on the fish in those areas. http://www.visitspacecoast.com/.
- Discover Crystal River is once again a West Coast Destination Partner for the CCA Florida 2018 STAR competition! Citrus County encompasses the waters from Chazawitzka to just south of Yankeetown, Ozello, Crystal River and Homosassa where one of the 2017 winning STAR tagged redfish was caught. Citrus County has 8 tagged redfish released in their waters. Compare this to the four tagged fish in other counties and it only makes sense to fish Citrus county this summer. Having more tagged fish and the ability to land all the inshore and offshore species in the Open Divisions presents anglers with a greater opportunity to win their share of prizes and scholarships. http://www.discovercrystalriverfl.com/
- Punta Gorda/Englewood Beach, as a New West Coast Destination Partner, welcomes all participants of CCA Florida’s 2018 STAR competition! Charlotte Harbor, the central asset of their destination, is the 2nd largest estuary in the State of Florida formed by the convergence of the Peace and Myakka Rivers. The majority of the harbor’s shoreline is natural preserve bordered by miles of mangroves, offering an ideal habitat for redfish along with many other species of fish and marine life. While Charlotte Harbor is expansive, due to its shallow nature, there are no large commercial vessels utilizing the inshore waters of the area, which includes Lemon Bay, Gasparilla Sound, Coral Creek and Turtle Bay. Over the years, various professional redfish tournaments have utilized the harbor as its base of operations recognizing the health, beauty and pristine nature of the Charlotte Harbor Gulf Island Coast. As a Destination Partner, Punta Gorda/Englewood Beach will have 8 tagged redfish released in their waters providing a significantly greater opportunity to catch a tagged redfish for one of the outstanding prizes, make your summer vacation plans to experience the wonder of fishing one of the best aquatic playgrounds in the United States. www.pureflorida.com